Sunday, April 22, 2012


SUNSHINE







So I have been the worst blogger in the world. The reasons why I have been such a slacker are that I have been very under the weather for the past few weeks (a variety of back issue, colds and asthma) and I have simultaneously started my first full time teaching job-teaching drama at Lincoln High school, which means I have been very busy.
So my sincere apologies for my slackness and I will try to make up for it with lots of posts.
This one is an inspiration post-one of the ladies I admire and turn to for style inspiration from her movies-the beautiful Jennifer Ehle.
I had a major girl crush on Jennifer Ehle the first time I saw her in the BBC mini series of Pride and Prejudice   at age 11 (one of my favourite books as well) and she has also done a movie called 'Sunshine' in 1999 with Ralph Fiennes, that I adore and I watch both P and P and Sunshine many a time over for style inspiration. The beautiful empire line dresses and bonnets of course adorn her Elizabeth Bennet and in Sunshine, which spans the late 19th century to the 1940's, her costumes are beautiful lacy, feminine clothes that look so soft and delicate to wear. If you haven't seen either of these and you like these styles, have a girly afternoon with tea and cupcakes and watch them. xxxxx BLV

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Great to have you back Miss BLV. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are fine! I was afraid that something bad happened to you. I missed your regular posts and am looking forward to more of them. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete