Friday, August 19, 2011

LITTLE HOUSE BOOKS



I read the Little house books by Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was 11 years old, and I completely fell in love with them They are such a beautiful account of Laura's experience with life growing up in the 1880's in isolated parts of the American pioneering days. I decided to read them again, and look forward to my reactions to the books reading them as an adult. I found these copies on trademe, and even the covers entice me in to snuggling up with a blanket and Toto and rading them with a hot cup of coffee in my hand. If you haven't alrwady read them, rekindle your childhood and grab a copy from your local library, they will make to want to be a child all over again. The whole series involves:
  1. Little House in the Big Woods (1932)
  2. Little House on the Prairie (1933)
  3. Farmer Boy (1935)(actually about Laura's future husband)
  4. On the Banks Of Plum Creek (1937)
  5. By The Shores Of Silver Lake (1939)
  6. The Long Winter (1940)
  7. Little Town on the Prairie (1941)
  8. These Happy Golden Years (1943)
  9. The First Four Years (1971)

  1. On the Way Home (1962)
  2. West From Home (1974)
  3. A Little House Traveler (2006)

xxxx BLV

No comments:

Post a Comment